ignition key wont turn

"" wrote: > HI I HAVE A 2001 FORD FOCUS AND WHEN I TRY TO START IT THE KEY > GOOS IN BUT > IT WONT TURN THE STEERING WHEEL IS IN THE LOCK POSSION ANY > IDEAS ON WHAT > IS WRONG WITH IT

I had that same exact problem. It was something with the ignition switch went bad. You have to take it to a ford dealership. they will replace it...you don?t have to get a new key made I don?t think, I had to because my key was stripped...but they made me two keys for the price of one..and fixed it. It was a simple process

Reply to
jasonsfuzzyhead

I live in Canada (Quebec) I have a 2003 ZX5, last week the ingnition key did not want to turn. The dealer where I bought the car told me to tap (hit) on the key while it is in the cylinder lock,. It did work, and the key turn after that.

The next day I went to the dealer to get it repaired. They dind not had the parts for the repair so i asked them to remove the tumbler in the cylinder lock, that way the key would not jam anymore.

The antitheif is still working because the tansponder is still in the key.

NOW I AM SURE THAT THE "/%$?(*() KEY WILL NOT JAM.

Pinetci

Reply to
G Girard

This method worked great to fix our ignition problem... thanx a mil...

Reply to
rebhandem