Screenwashers

During the last cold snap the front and rear screenwash on my 2000 1,8Z (UK) failed to operate. As the pump cannot be heard anymore when the switch is pressed I assumed that it was a blown fuse. As niether the drivers handbook or the Haynes workshop manual mentions any fuse connected to the screenwash pump I am now at a loss as to what to do next. Can anyone out there please help? Thanks. Tony Anderson

Reply to
Tony Anderson

I believe the washer pump motor is fused off the same fuse as the front wipers (F55). So if the wipers still work but the washer doesn't, it probably isn't the fuse...

The fuses for the wipers are F55 (Front, 20A) and F43 (Rear, 15A). This information was taken from the USA 2000 model year Focus owners and workshop manuals.

Reply to
Mark Olson

I am having difficulty finding a source for this part, can ayone help?

Thanks.

Reply to
Dave Holmes

I use a 13" wiper on the back of my wagon. It does a better job, clearing more of the glass, and without hitting the washer jet or any painted areas. I also upsized one of my windshield wiper blades (might have been both - I'd have to check). This was a commonly advised practice within this NG at the time. Try it - I found it was a good tip.

Rob

Reply to
Basic Wedge

imho:

Might think about replacing the whole blade, with an aftermarket model. Typically third party refills are easier to find in your superstores. Plus, they might be of a better quality material/product.

hth,

tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME

I just changed mine yesterday. I think my wagon originally came with a 15" blade that rode up on the third brake light. I know I went down a size once and maybe twice. Anyway, I concur with Rob, 13" is the best size for the wagon rear wiper.

Reply to
Tony Wesley