1992 F-150 4x4 Rusted oli pan

Found an oil slick under my truck on the garage floor. The oil was leaking out through a couple of spots on the oil pan which had rusted through from the outside. Raised blisters on the oil pan surface. First tine I have encountered something like this in 56 years of driving. The local Ford dealer said it would cost about $800 to replace the pan. Truck only has 68,000 miles on it and looks like new. What options do I have?

Reply to
J Adams

I had the same problem w/ an '88 Town Car. It looked a million bucks, but the pan was shot. I had it replaced.

Peter H

Reply to
Peter H

I would consider brazing a patch if the material around the hole seems tight.

Pete

Reply to
Peter T. Arnold