1994 Ford E250

I purchased my cargo van for $3,000 dollars in late 2005 and last week my transmission went out. I live around Northern Virginia and the best deal I have been quoted was $2,150 dollars for rebuilt transmission. Currently has

289,000 miles, recently I have added 4 new tires, cd player, and brake job. What should I do? Do I fix it or junk it?
Reply to
SKY

I guess the questions would be:

Can you afford to have it fixed? Can you afford NOT having it fixed? Are the engine, body, frame, etc. in good enough shape to justify having it fixed? (Obviously the tires and brakes are good.) Do you like the van well enough to get it fixed and continue driving it? Or, do you think you can get it fixed and sell it locally for no loss?

Basically, the decision is yours in the end. Good luck!

SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

Given Virginia is a common wealth state (a slick way of the state saying your money is our money) and the extreme taxes on tags for vehicles less than 10 years old, that cost has to be factored in as well. Left out of the equation by SKY is what engine does it have? Oil consumption? Oil pressure? Compression test results? assuming no rust, good compression, little or no oil consumption, then fixing it might be worth it. Perhaps a used tranny. Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning