Bigger tires for F150

Hey all,

I have an '00 F150 Lariat, 4x4, with the off road package. Currently, I'm running Goodyear Wrangler AT/S 265/75 17's on my rig. I'd like to step up in size to something with a little more traction in the mud/snow. What's the biggest tire I can: a) fit on my existing rim (17") and still fit on my truck with no interference?

b) fit on a new rim (maybe 16") and fit with no interference.

I have BF Goodrich MT's on my wife's Jeep and I love them. Thats about as aggressive as I want to get in tread. Anyhow, any help will be appreciated.

Brian in Maryland

Reply to
Brian Spencer