Door locks.

The passenger side door does not open via either the remote unit or the driver side switch. It is trying to do so but only comes up part way and then drops down.

Will I have to take it to the dealer?

Thanks.

Reply to
greinsch

greinsch

I own a 99 F-250 Super Duty crew Cab where all of the locks had the same problem! Ford replaced three of them under warrante and then the last one died. I replaced that one at a cost of over $175 CAD. In the next 12 months they all died again. After approx. 25 hours of diagnosis I was told the problem was not the fault of Ford or the truck wiring. After driving for a year like thius I got sick and tired reaching the other door locks handles to let my family or my co-workers in four to six times a day. I went to a nearby auto surplus / clearance outlet and bought 4 of the $7 aftermarket power locking mechanisms and attached them in parrallel with the existing system. Not a single problem in the past 2 years. And you know they work because there is a solid sound when the actuate. Try it. You'll be happy with it too. Besides ... 8 times $7 sounds a lot better than 4 times $150. That way you can afford to replace them even if they do crap out! ; )

Reply to
Peter

Can you explain the $7 aftermarket idea a little better my 99 F250SD is doing the same thing. I lubed the drivers door and it works as long as you don't do it too often but the passenger side doesn't move.

Thank Jimmy

Reply to
James Gillespie