Transmission Inspection Cover

One of the steps of removing the oil pan from my 3.0L V6 Ranger is removing the front transmission inspection cover. When I originally tried to replace the pan myself, this is where I got stuck. Do you have to remove all the bolts that bolt the transmission to the engine to remove the cover, or is there something I am not seeing? When I was under there last time, removing the bolts looked to be the only thing that would let the cover loose. This transmission is a 5 speed manual, BTW.

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. Everything else in the procedure looks pretty much straightforward, I just can't figure out this one step. I know a mechanic is going to charge alot for labour and I would much rather do it myself if possible.

Thanks Sharky

Reply to
Sharky