What is a draglink?

I have a 1994 Ford F350 pickup and some kid hit me head on I need the peice that basically connects the left tie rod to the right tie rod, is that caled a draglink? Mick

Reply to
Go300mph

Yeah, it use to be called that, but nowadays the parts people just call it an inner tie-rod. The inner tie-rod on the drivers side is short and the one on the passenger side is long.....that is the one that was called the 'drag-link'.

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt

Going back to yesteryear......I remember the drag link as "linking " the steering box to the front axle by attachment to the pitman arm on one end and the left* side steering knuckle at the other end. From the left side steering knuckle the "tie" rod tied the two steering knuckles together so that any movement by the left steering knuckle caused a movement in the right steering knuckle.

  • left hand drive type autos.

Or go to American Heritage Dictionary ....drag link

Cruiser