2007GMC Sierra 2500 HD...does anyone know the location of the auxiliary jack?

I'm convinced there must be a jack that I am not able to locate. This is not my vehicle but I'm attempting to help a friend who believes his only option is to purchase a new radio with the jack installed. The aux jack in my VW was hidden in the glove box and even then, I looked over it thinking it was a counter sunk screw hole. Does anyone have direct knowledge regarding the Sierra, if an aux jack exists or not?

I appreciate any feedback.

Reply to
DTunall

If the radio does not have an "aux" setting on the front panel then there is no aux input.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

DTunall wrote: "I'm convinced there must be a jack that I am not able to locate. This is not my vehicle but I'm attempting to help a friend who believes his only option is to purchase a new radio with the jack installed. The aux jack in my VW was hidden in the glove box and even then, I looked over it thinking it was a counter sunk screw hole. Does anyone have direct knowledge regarding the Sierra, if an aux jack exists or not? I appreciate any feedback. "

What exactly does he want to do with the aux jack -- play his iPod or mp3 through it? If so, there are other (easier, cheaper) options rather than replace the radio. Like wireless transmitters (RadioShack carries several, the best ones by Monster) which transmit from your iPod etc to the vehicle's FM radio.

Reply to
James Goforth