Battery And Radio Problem

Hello..... Really annoying problem here..I changed the battery in my '99 z24 and the radio locked out because of the theft system. It says "LOC" and I can't fix it! I called the dealer because the manual said to do that if you needed a code to unlock it. They said i have to bring it in to the service station at the dealership where i bought it because they need to call an 800 number to recieve a new code. The only problem is that i don't want to make a 50 mile drive through two large cities to have someone call a telephone number! Anyone had this problem and is there an easier fix?? Thanks.

Reply to
prios

The trip might be easier than trying to fix it yourself.I have 2000 cavalier and the cd radio LOCKED out on me once and luckily we have a dealer in town. They mentioned something about using a tech 5 or something they use to read engine code, to UNLOCK the radio/cd. So...like I said it might be worth the trip. (unless you know somebody who has a really expensive code reader) Mike

Reply to
Mike