Best Rated threads in General Motors Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

98 Chevy Lumina Knocking Sound
We had just got home from 2 days of a large city wide Rummage Sale and we decied to go to town to get Pizza. I got a couple miles down the road and heard a knocking sound. None of my Dummy lights are...
2
2

Radio on '99 Grand Prix Totally Dead
My in-laws just bought a '99 Grand Prix SE used. The red TheftLock light on the radio is flashing and the radio doesn't turn on. It seems completely dead. The battery was dead shortly after they got...
1
1

Camshaft Position Sensor code -- 98 Lumina
Sorry for cross-posting, not sure the best place to post this type of repair question. Sorry for such a long post, just want to give as much info as possible. I have an intermittant P0341 camshaft...
2
2

4L60E 3rd gear only after 2 attempts to rebuild
unfortunately my transmission now only has 3rd gear with the shifter in drive. The car starts up in 3rd gear. I rebuilt it the frist time and it worked fine for a few weeks, then starting having shift...
8
8

performance mods for astro van 4.3L
My brother is going to tear down his high mileage 4.3L for a rebuild and we're looking for input on performance mods for it. It's an 89 Astro van with the the "Z" series 4.3 roller cam engine and TBI....
7
7

Pontiac Transport-- No blower for front air-Tried lots of stuff but-- stuck!
Thanks for reading this! --Using my Chilton's guide I first checked the fuse 0k,I also checked the relay under the glove box, but when it was taken out the REAR air did not work so I *** it has no...
2
2

!994 Chevy Caprice Classic Fan Problem
In the front side of the car near the radiator are two electric fans that come on when the car gets hot to cool it, one on each side of the enormous radiator. My right hand side fan got clogged with...
9
9

2003 GMC Truck Heated Seat Issues
Maybe somebody can point me in the right direction on this. I'm stumped.... I have a 2003 GMC Denali Truck with heated seats. I recently noticed that the bottom of the heated seats on both the...
3
3

1996 2.2litre MFI Engine GMC Sonoma camshaft sensor
Where is the camshaft sensor in a 1996 GMC 2.2litre Sonoma pickup?

Alternator Wiring
I have a ProStart replacement alternator for some recent GM SUV type vehicle. I was told it was a one wire unit, but it has a four pin plug in addition to the output terminal. Is the plug just for...
3
3

wireless headphones for factory installed overhead DVD systems
I have a 2005 Suburban that came with a factory installed DVD system from Panasonic. It also provided two wireless headphones. I have four children and have been looking for aftermarket headphones...
2
2

GM V6 geneology questions...
1) Is the 3.5 used in Impala, G6, vans, etc. derived from the 2.8/3.1/3.4? If not, is it an all-new design or is it from somewhere other than North America? 2) Is the new 3.9 a bored and/or stroked...
11
11

Drain on RAP#2 50A fuse cause battery to go dead
I have a 2001 Suburban. The battery will go dead overnight. I found a cycling drain on the RAP#2 fuse. Every 20seconds there will be a 7-8 Amp current drain on that circuit.(with key off) The Onstar...
1
1

No heat in '90 Lumina APV
I have tried everything I was able to Google up, but apparently have not gotten to the root of the issue yet. I'm hoping someone here will be able to steer me in a fruitful direction. I have never had...
8
8

1989 Astro Van No Spark
My 1989 Chevy Astro van died on the road last Monday, so I had it towed home. It cranks but has no sparks. Since I disconnected the battery for charging, the only scan code I can get is code 12. I...
11
11

Help: 1988 Cadillac Deville 4.5L - remove cylinder liners
Gentlemen and Ladies, 1988 Cadillac Sedan Deville, 4.5L V8, Automatic I am in the process of doing a re-ring rebuild with the block in place. I was able to hone the front cylinder bank. But there is...
2
2

New noise in the front end of my Bonneville?????
While driving my 2001 Bonneville last evening I started hearing this noise coming from the front of the car. It sounds about like a bad heater fan of years past. It goes up in frequency with the road...
9
9

1994 Buick Park Avenue Electrical Problems?
I have a 94 Buick Park Avenue. Lately, when I turn on my right blinker without the headlights on, the car makes an usual clicking noise and the clock and the temperature screen both flash and the rear...
4
4

water leaking on 2000 sunfire GT with sunroof
My wife has a 2000 GT with factory sunroof. She found water dripping yesterday at three mounting screws for the sunvisor (driver side). I have removed the screws, pulled the side plastic and check for...

200 metric trans 79
hi everyone. I have a 79 monte with the 200 metric 3 speed trans. I put a new front seal and pan gasket and speedo oring. It still leaks around the front. It only does it when warm. I have layed under...
3
3