Best Rated threads in General Motors Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

85 GMC starting problem and brakes question
I picked up a 1985 GMC C1500 305 engine 77xxx miles on it. It has a bit of a starting problem. If the truck sits more than 10 hours it takes a while to start. The longer it sits the longer it takes to...
4
4

P0442 + click,click,click on 2001 Cadillac STS
I have a 2001 STS which recently turned on the MIL and shows DTC P0442. I've check the obvious (gas cap is on tight), and temporarily cleared the code. Coincidentally, I recently noticed that within a...
3
3

OBD1 Connector missing B (diagnostic) pin - how to fix ???
1994 Buick Regal Custom has the 12 pin OBD1 connector. This connector is missing the B (diagnostic pin). All other pins are there. I was hoping to be able to jumper this to clear the SES history, and...
4
4

Quadrajet stumble... Any suggestions??
I just got an '86 Monte Carlo LS with a 305 and Quadrajet. Problem is when giving it too much throttle (maybe last 1/3 of pedal travel) the engine falls flat on it's face. Acts like it would if it...
38
38

2000 GM ABS light
hello. i am new to this and i was just wondering about my new truck the light was on when i bought it and they said they had it all checked out. i was wondering how to reset the ecm on that truck
20
20

2000 Saturn P0440
2000 Saturn getting P0440 EVAP code. What should I look at???
2
2

1996 Lumina Gas Tank Problems
I had the gas tank of our Lumina replaced twice at the local garage in the past 6 monthes. The problem with the original tank, and the first replacement was that the tank was flexing. When you turned...
2
2

Last year for 3800 in minivan
Does anyone know the last year that GM put the 3800 engine into a mini van? I think it is 1995, but I am having trouble verifying. If I look up engine options for an 1997 Olds Silhouette, 3800 is...
3
3

Where did they hide the PCV valve on the 1999 Olds 88???
I've had several people look under the hood and nobody can spot the PCV valve. I feel sure the car has one because I looked up which blister pack to take off the shelf in a parts store thinking I...
4
4

trade in price.
My Impalla 2000 3.4 is in pretty good condition, 100355 k on it. what would be a fair market trade in value.? on a new car...
5
5

Right oil viscousity for car with oil pressure problems?
Hi, I've got a 1978 Buick Regal with a 231 cc 3.8liter Buick V6. It appears to have a problem with low oil pressure. The "engine" light would start flickering at idle speed after it had been driving...
3
3

GM (AC Delco) Car Stereo Red Display Faded
I recently purchased a 2000 Pontiac Sunfire with a factory AM/FM/CD/Tape stereo that has a red LCD display. The display is faded on the right half -- the left hand side is very bright, whereas the...
11
11

Cavalier 3.1V6 (Gen II) engine block/coolant heater
Does anyone know of a block or coolant heater that is an easy install? I have a 1991 Cavalier 3.1V6 and I would like to add a heater to it. I have looked at a heater that installs in the bottom...
1
1

1997 Chev S-10 Obd II code P0420
Hi, I had my 1997 Chevrolet 5 speed S-10 truck (138,000 miles) tuned 4 months ago. I kept getting P0135 code. I tuned it myself, wires, cap, rotor, plugs etc. Also installed 4 new O2 sensors....
2
2

Rotor Gouging Cap
I have a 92 Caprice with 305 engine and I have a very strange problem. It seems that the rotor tip is lightly hitting the contacts on the distributer cap causing gouging of the contacts. It happens on...
9
9

1996 Lesabre custom - instrument cluster swap
I would like to change th cluster in my 96 Lesabre custom over to the limited cluster I have seen in many of the same car and similar years. My reason for change is to gain the guages tach, temp, etc....
5
5

GM 3.8 with 4T65E transmission light towing ?
I need to ocaissionally l tow a lightly loaded ( wt) 5X10 cargo trailer local . I would like to buy a hitch and trans cooler from for my 1998 Olds Delta 88 ( 3.8 v6 with a 4T65E automatic transaxel )...
2
2

86 park Ave Won't Start
I have a 1986 Buick Park Ave 3.8L It turns over but it won't Start. I have fuel coming up to the injectors, I also checked for spark and I also have spark in every cylinder. No codes came up on the...
6
6

Truth about dexcool, pellets and the 3.4 intake leak
Wife's 3.4L Impala had a little bit of wetness and I had to add once or twice. After a while it started to smell like antifreeze so we took it to replace the intake gasket on the extended warranty, I...
7
7

Dexcool leak
I have a 1998 Olds eighty eight and recently noticed an external leak from the rear corners of the lower intake....I know this is a common problem with GM and I want to sell this car rather than pay...
52
52