brake light stays lit

I have a S-10. The brake light stays on after foot has left pedal. I have replaced the switch that should shut off brake lights after depressed. And brake light still stay on.

any ideas

Felix

Reply to
ofelsal

The following is based on a '98 S-10 wiring diagram:

If the new brake switch is adjusted properly you may have a problem inside the multi-function turn signal switch.

You might be able to confirm this by pulling the STOP LP fuse and determine if the brake lights still light. If they do the unwanted power is most likely coming through the turn signal switch.

Reply to
Silver Surfer

Fluid?

Reply to