Dumb door molding 04 Silverado

Sitting in traffic next to an 04 Silverado today I noticed Chevy put the body side molding on the door only. Looks kind of stupid looking, Makes you think three other moldings fell off the side of the truck.

Oh these coledge injuneers !

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~279, 856 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

LOL

I saw one and just thought the owner put it there to prevent door dings. I said to myself, "why didn't he put them on the whole side of the truck, he's still gonna get dings elsewhere."

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Reply to
jhill

It costs 10 cents for the molding and $285.00 for an over paid UAW worker to put it on. After all it would take weekend on over-time!

Brian

Reply to
NoSpam

Obviusly you have no idea what it takes to assemble a car. The line speed is 55 to 60 jobs an hour to get final output of ??? (depends on line). How about you do your job every 60 seconds! Oh yeah, there is a break for 22 minutes in the morning and 24 minutes in the afternoon, thats it. How much are they overpaid?

By the way, I am not an assembly line worker. I have worked as an engineer and supervisor in an assembly plant.

Reply to
WhyDoYouAsk

Ditto, That's why I feel that way. Maybe 20 tears ago they worked but any modern auto assembly plant has added automation for the heavy and ergonomically poor operations. I also have a brother on law that works for Ford. He leaves work for half the day and then returns before end of shift. Of course he's paid the whole time he's gone. Gee I wonder why cars cost so much?

Brian

Reply to
NoSpam