Gasket failure: again!

I thing you need to bone up on your engine history a bit....or else just keep quiet! ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

With all the talk about the 3.4 gasket problems, does anybody know if they fixed it for model year 2004?

I've got a 2004 Impala base model, bought new 2 years ago. It's already got

81,000km on it and so far no problem with the motor. I hope to keep it at least 6 years, or 300,000km.

Is the new 2006 3.5 motor the same as the 3.4?

Reply to
StarWolf

Crap shoot. Most will, but there will always be some failures.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Gasket problems related to the ban on asbestos has been corrected. If you have a concern you should take quick note of any coolant consumption and do an occasional pressure test, as part of any good preventive maintance regimen.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

So keep it. Just keep an eye on it. Every time you change the oil, take a quick look for any signs of gasket failure. You'll see the coolant seepage under the manifold if the gaskets are breaking down.

No.

Reply to
Mike Marlow