How to Fix Venture Roof Rack?

I have a 97 Venture, and after 7 years of struggling with the luggage rack bars that were installed backwards from the factory, I would like to correct this "feature" from GM.

I unscrewed the "star" keyed bolts, but the rack would not budge.

Can anyone give me a few pointers on removing one of the four luggage rack mounts so I can install the bars facing the right way?

I even checked the Chilton's manual, but it was no help.

Thanks in advance, Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Lettko

If there are black plastic rub strips layed over the chrome rails, then there may be a ton of rivets under the rub strips. Thats how alot of the trunk lid racks were fastened down besides using bolts on the very ends.

Good luck

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~299, 833 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

On the 2 slightly older GM racks I have had, there are 2 'star' torx bolts for each achor point. Make sure you have both unscrewed. Other than that, the rack just lifts off for me! If you continue to have a problem, maybe contact your friendly neighbourhood GM dealer for assistance.

good luck - rick

Reply to
Rick De Visser