If you don't like Fram oil filter construction, wait until you see Champion Lab's new Ecore design

These are being sold as the SuperTech brand at WalMart and perhaps under other names elsewhere.

This fellow took one apart and posted pictures:

John

Reply to
John Horner

So what's the best filter for a 5.3l truck? AC Delco?

noname

Or a Wix

Reply to
Hairy

who makes Carquest filters??

Reply to
noname

Or a Purolator. I prefer Purolator PureOne filters.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race

"noname" wrote in news:NAmVd.2479$ snipped-for-privacy@fe07.lga:

Wix was the supplier a year or so ago.

Reply to
tango

I only bought one in my entire life. With that black rubber coating on it my filter cap wrench wouldn't fit on it when it came time to remove it.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~299, 999 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

No, AC-Delco filters are being farmed out for mfg. to many suppliers, including Champion Labs.

Right now personally the only US filters I would buy are Purolator, Wix, Baldwin, Fleetguard or Motorcraft. Wix filters are also sold as the NAPA Gold and whatever Carquest's premium filter name is.

YMMV, John

Reply to
John Horner