On Board Diagnostics

I have a 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix and the engine light is on. Although it appears not to hamper performance, I went and bought a OBD II Tester.

I now have the codes in question, were can I go to find out what is causing these problems.

Also since this is a used car, I thought of clearing the codes and starting new, is this possible.

Any info on this matter will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Bulach

There are numerous places to look up the codes. Do a google search.

has some explanation. One way of getting help would be to post the codes in your message. There is plenty of expertise here. Get an explanation of what codes there are before you clear them. If the problem persists the light will come back on although it may take days or weeks. Also if you are due an inspection within a month don't reset them as some of the non-continuous monitors could take several drive cycles to complete.

I now have the codes in question, were can I go to find out what is causing these problems.

Also since this is a used car, I thought of clearing the codes and starting new, is this possible.

Any info on this matter will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jeff

Reply to
Woody

Thanks Woody for your help. I now have a new problem, but I will post a new message for assistance.