Re: Auto-dimming rear view mirror sucks

> I have a 05 Maxima SE, and I am very unhappy with the

>> performance of the autodimming rearview mirror. It often >> fails to detect glare, especially when it is relatively >> bright outside. Even at night I am sometimes blinded by >> vehicles behind me because the damn thing fails to oppacify >> for some unknown reason. > > Hmm, wanna trade? The auto-dimming mirrors in my Audi A4 are too > aggressive, > getting dark even before the sun sets and often getting so dark that the > only parts > of other cars which are visible are their lights. At least that ought to > be easy > to fix; some black ink on the rear-facing sensor ought to reduce its > sensitivity > to light (though I've never gotten around to trying it). > > Actually, I wish a lot of these auto-whatever features would go away. > They're > designed for people who are too lazy or stupid to figure it out > themselves, and > probably too dumb to be allowed to drive. I never found it difficult to > flip the > little switch on the rear view mirror on my previous cars. Nor have I > ever found > it difficult to turn on the wipers when it rains or turn my headlights on > when it's > dark. > -- > .--------------------------------------. snipped-for-privacy@stevedunn.ca > |Silver, perpetually searching for SNTF|------------------------------ > `--------------------------------------' a vaguely phallic .signature

Amen to that last paragraph!

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I have that auto-dimming on my 03 max. It works great and I love it.

Reply to
You_Know_Who~

It also works perfectly in my 1998 jeep grand cherokee. Nice feature.

Reply to
JohnH

Yeah, pretty soon we'll have to deal with plumbing in the passenger compartment when they begin installing a bidet in each seat.

Reply to
James Goforth