Re: GM V6 engine warning - true sad story (long)

Maybe he was thinking of the Isuzu with the GM 2.8?

JazzMan

Reply to
JazzMan

The 2004 Saturn Vue now has a Honda V-6 engine, if you buy the 6 cylinder option. And the 4 cylinder engine is the GM corp. 2.2 engine. No more Saturn engines for now.

Honda is said to be getting Isuzu diesel engines out of the deal.

Reply to
mcyben

????????

Weird, my 1990 Grand-Am with the quad-4 engine runs like a charm (no leaks or burns) but my buddy's 1990 Honda Accord has been burning oil for the past

5 years...

Dan

1990 Grand-Am SE Quad-4 HO 5 spd 1989 Chevy Corvette 5.7 TPI

Reply to
Black Bomb

The 2004 Saturn Vue has a Honda V6 in it.

Reply to
Brad Clarke

Nope, it's a Honda V6 in the 2004 Vue

Reply to
Brad Clarke

Are these the same engines

As for the whole who leaks/burns oil issue. I've got a '95 Integra GS-R which uses a fair bit of oil at 130K miles. Not blue smoke, and not a drop on the ground. My dad's '96 Buick Regal uses a lot of oil and leaves a lot. I've done all the changes for him, and I always notice a crusty mess of caked on dirt/oil around the oil pan when I change the oil.

Reply to
y_p_w

Whoops - forgot my original question.

Is this the V6 that turns the way that most engines do? I seem to recall that Honda makes engines that rotate in the opposite direction compared to the vast majority of engines out there. I heard they developed one to be compatible, and that they could sell outside of Honda.

Reply to
y_p_w

"ben@" wrote

Interesting, the 2004 manual for the VUE does show a 3.5 engine. It doesn't specifically say that it's made by Honda, but it certainly doesn't look like anything that GM makes or uses. Certainly looks bad for GM when they have to pull their "world" v-6 engine and use a Honda engine.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Reply to
y_p_w

"y_p_w" wrote

Thanks for the links. Any engine is better then the "Opel derived" v-6 piece of shit.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

IAN,

does the " violet - lightning " in your e mail address come from the lyrics in a Jefferson Starship song?

V-L is chanted five times in the song the " Girls With The Hungry Eyes".

I guess I'll have to pull out the ol' records again .

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~279, 000 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

Reply to
Harry Face

Maybe even a Honda engine... :-p

Reply to
Steve

"Harry Face" wrote

No, I wasn't even aware that that phrase was in any Starship song.

Here, I'll give you a link that will explain where I got the nick from and the "violet-lightening-modified" part of it. I happen to have an interest in aircraft, particularly the fighter planes of WWII. I have an old book that I first read years ago, called "Samurai". It's the story of the top Japanese living fighter ace from WWII. In there, the Japanese named many of their fighters quite interesting names. So I grabbed one for my nick when I first started on the net.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

DO you refer to the Opel/Vauxhall engine that GM stuffed into some Saabs in the mid 90's ? Some dingbat at GM decided that Saab needed a V6 to sell cars, even though Saab's turbo 4 had more power. Go figure. Anyway, the engine needs timing belt changes every 30-35K or you buy a new motor at 36K. Nice gear.

Reply to
Jimmy

"Jimmy" wrote

I believe it's the same motor. No power, horrible to work on, just generally an all around nasty little engine.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai