serious question..........

I got a new set of tires a while back..........

I was wondering, in places like Alaska (in colder areas),

or in the state of Washington, where it rains so much,

WOULD A SET OF TIRES last alot longer because of less

FRICTION on the tires ???

......Friction being the tire-wearer-outer......

Reply to
SSDUSER

I seriously doubt it. I'll tell you why I say that is even though you may not feel it when driving in rain your tires are sliding in the corners. It's such a minute amount that it slips but that also creates wear on a tire. My guess is you would see about the same as if you drove on dry roads all the time but at reasonable speeds.

My 2 cents

Brian

Reply to
NoSpam

SSDUSER wrote in alt.autos.gm

First of all, it really does not rain so much in Washington. Most places have more rain per year than we do. And that even depends upon where you live. The Puget Sound area tends to get more rain that east of the mountains. And we all tend to drive all over the place, anyway. But tires do not seem to last any longer here, than elsewhere.

Reply to
Dick C