Spark plug wire remover

Is there such a tool? I always have trouble taking them off, and sometimes end up ruining the plug wire.....thanx

My mechanic, who has been in the business for over 30 years, has the same problem. The boots can really stick on, especially now that 100k mile plugs are common.

A tool does exist though

Edwin Pawlowski

I have one and it must be 40 years old. It's not any of the above. Looks like a pair of pliers with rubber coated handles. Has rounded jaws and works well.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Hey Big Al. Does yours also work well for removing taillight & brakelight bulbs? Got mine in 1962 as a graduation gift, does bulbs as well, & I'm betting tools are the same. 'B', if you can find one now, you'll be happy with it and avoid cutting fingers on bulbs that break when you're pulling/twisting on them. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

Like this one?

Steve W.

Yep, just "wrong" color;). Good find, SteveW. Hey, "b", get this one. My 2 cents! s

Reply to
sdlomi2