Transaxle fluid leak, '95 Park Ave

There is a leak from the transaxle of our 95 Park Ave. According to the shop I take it to the leak is from the front. It has gotten progressively worse over the summer, so now the spot on the garage floor is now a puddle. When I first noticed the leak I checked the fluid level, following instructions in the Owners Manual. It was above the fill line. Now, about 3 months and

3000 miles later, it is down to the max fill line.

So, the question is could the leak be a result of the shop overfilling it? If so, will the leak stop now that it's done to the max fill line, or was the overfilling likely to have cause permanent damage?

TIA

Ed

Reply to
Jag Man

Shep

Shep,

Thanks. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Ed

Reply to
Ed