2003 Civic slow start

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I should've pointed out that the engine doesn't crank for 20 to 30 seconds. Nothing happens for 20 to

30 seconds. After holding the key to the start position for 30 seconds the car finally decides to start. I would think this would exclude any fuel problems i.e. flooding from stuck injectors. I could understand if it had to burn out extra fuel. So I'm stumped. It's as if the ignition isn't supplying a signal to the fuel pump (I cannot hear the pump during this time either) and the starter to crank the engine, and it takes 30 seconds for it to finally work. I was just woundering if Honda ignition swithes generaly go bad after two years, or if there was any other componant such as a relay that would stick and cause the delay. Any more suggestions?
Reply to
Donny

Donny wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Could it be some sort of security system problem? Perhaps the key reader is temp sensitive?

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Reply to
Donny