96 accord stuck in park

My girlfriend's 96 accord is stuck in park. She can use the shift lock to release it and put it in neutral to start it and use it that way. I can't find it (the switch) in the Chilton's online do-it- yourself manual.

Thanks.

John

Reply to
johnjohngbikes4fun

Read through the cable adjustment in the TSB's provided here.

If it only happens sometimes, adjusting it may fix the problem. If it's all the time, and it came on suddenly, it's probably electrical. Are her brake lights working?

has all your diagrams.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

In the old days, it would have been the neutral safety switch but on the Honda, dunno.

Reply to
under construction