MY Poor Honda

hi everybody,

since its gotten cold outside, when i go to start my car in the morning, the car will start and then will begin to idle like its going to accelerate but then it doesnt, it usually idles from about 3rpm to heat up and then i push on the gas and it goes back to 1rpm which is normal, but within the last month or so, it just stays at 1 or below like its trying to cut off and makes this noise like uh uh uh uh uh and its almost like its sputtering or something then its sorta like greyish black smoke coming out of the tail pipe. the only way i can get it to accelerate and be normal is to hold my foot down on the accelerator and it works then but after that its a gassy smell, so i guess i just need to know whats wrong and how it can be fixed

thankyou

Reply to
Hondachickaboo

What model and year, how many miles?

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Get thee to a mechanic.

Reply to
Matt Ion

Hondachickaboo wrote in news:951996_ snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com:

Sounds like poor maintenance. Take it to a garage.

Reply to
Tegger