Power Window doesn't go up

I have a 96 Honda Civic LX sedan which has a problem with a passenger side rear window. The window goes down but now cannot be raised. This problem was intermittent for a while, where we were able to raise the window after letting the car sit without the engine running for a few minutes. But now that doesn't work either. All the other power windows and the rest of the electrical system work fine. Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Reply to
john

The power circuit goes through both the switch in the door and the corresponding switch in the driver's panel. Try the passenger's control, then the driver's control. If the driver's control works it is the actual suspect, because the other side of the switch (the one that makes contact when the switch is centered) probably has failed. Ditto if the passenger switch works and the driver's doesn't - the working one is the suspect. Non-intuitive, eh?

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Doesn't sound good. It sounds like it's the regulator.

Reply to
Viperkiller