Service B

Hi,

I have a Honda Civic 2008 which has been driven for around 23K miles. My oil service and tire rotation have been staggered (i got an oil service done at a Jiffy lube when I was out of town, and came back and got the tire rotation done at the dealership a couple of thousand miles later).

Today when I went for an oil service, the Honda dealer guy said that I am due for a B service which includes oil service, brakes servicing, tire rotation, and other checks. I already had a tire rotation done, so was not sure if its worth it and declined it. I have not had this service been done before. My question is if I should be coming back and getting it done and if its important ? Its about $142 + taxes.

Thanks, vivekian

Reply to
vivekian

"vivekian" wrote

What does your owner's manual tell you to do at 23-25K miles? That should be your authority - and then some.

Reply to
Howard Lester

I'm assuming that from the cost it is a B1 service...the B12 involves the air and cabin filters which would be over $200.

The B1 service is a bunch of inspections and tire rotation.

I think it's a waste of money personally (I do the inspecting myself with each oil change I do) but if you can't do it yourself, someone else needs to be paid for their time.

Nick

Reply to
Nick <npolite