squeaky sway bar bushings

Recently replaced the sway bar link bushings on my 1995 Honda Accord and after the first rain with them they really squeak a lot. Should i have put oil/lube on them while installing or are they not tight enough? I tightened the top nut down just as much as the old ones were. Any help? thanks.

Reply to
meciboy

are they oem rubber or aftermarket urethane?

Reply to
jim beam

meciboy wrote in news:993034_ snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com:

You're using aftermarket urethane bushings. You need to put _silicone_ grease on them before installation and be prepared to pull them apart and regrease once in a while.

Or you can install OEM and forget about them.

Reply to
Tegger