2006 Sonata hits 10,000 miles - a few observations

Yes, those annoyances remain, but nothing much can be done about them so I don't spend much time thinking about them. I did drive my truck to work today as temps near 100 were forecast (and were realized!) with fairly high humidity. I didn't make it too work in the truck with the fan on low before I had to turn the temp up. That isn't a problem in the Sonata. I leave it on full cold and at least the second fan speed all the time when the temps are above 80. Looks like another scorcher tomorrow so I'll drive the truck again. I hate getting 16 MPG rather than 29, but I like being cool!

Yes, the mileage has been decent, but remember I have the 4 cylinder/5 speed so it certainly isn't outstanding. The only real disappointment was that the one trip I took in the car didn't really increase the mileage much at all. I got 32 on one tank and 31 on the other, which is only slightly above what it averages commuting to work each day.

Yes, I agree! I've visited many places in the USA and the world, and found few that I think compare. I like southern Vermont and northern NH and parts of Colorado, and would proably like Austria, Switzerland and northern Italy (but I haven't been to any of them yet), but I still like PA as good as anywhere I've been.

I do like it better though when it isn't 100 out...

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

I don't have a trip computer so my mileage figures are all calculated from my fill-ups. I also fill up every time I buy gas and I keep a running MPG.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting