Rear power window on 2000 Elantra

Well, my rear power window stopped going 'up and down'. I've worked on these before (on other cars) and there's essentially a cable that makes it move. Besides scraping my hands up real bad, and getting all greasy, I was unable to reattach it.

I've looked in the manuals, but, couldn't find how to do it... Any ideas??

Thanks.

Reply to
The Chris

It'll depend on what's wrong. The most frequent failure is a broken window regulator requiring regulator replacement.

Reply to
hyundaitech

"hyundaitech" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

The cable definitely came off the bottom of the unit. It looks like the cable I'd use on the brakes of a 10-speed bike. However, it connects on the side that I can't see.

The motor works fine..

Thanks

Reply to
The Chris

You'll need a new regulator. The plastic holders on the regulators break, and then the cable comes off.

Reply to
hyundaitech

"hyundaitech" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Okay, thanks. When you said 'Regulator', I thought it was something mechanical, like the motor...

Reply to
The Chris