Latest threads in Hyundai Cars and SUV Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

help! engine problems for a newbie!
i just got a 2000 sonata, and the engine has a tendency to shut off while i?m idling at a stoplight. the key will still be in the "on" position in the ignition, and the car will still be in drive, but...

2005 Elantra - AM radio interference
Hi hyundaitech, Yes, the noise comes on when going from Acc to On, stays there while on, then goes away 10-15 seconds after going from On to Acc. Got any idea what this is???
21
21

1991 hyundai scoupe ~92K miles... continued
It turns out the car has more problems than I initially imagined. the mechanic says it need new water pump for the cooling systems and timing belts, seals, hoeses etc etc. there were so many things...
1
1

shocks?
How often should the shocks be replaced on an 02 accent? I do drive it kind of hard somtimes.
1
1

99 Elantra problem cont.
Hello everyone, I had posted about a two weeks ago a problem on my sister's 99 Elantra in that the car was suddenly shutting off and she would then be able to turn the car on again without any...
5
5

Santa Fe- Spare Tire Cage
If you own a Santa Fe, you may want to screw down the spare tire rack once a year and grease the nut/bolt. I had my 2002 Santa Fe for under 3 years. Had not reason to use the spare. When the dealer...

How many miles can a put on my 96 accent?
I have a 96 accent woht about 92,000 miles. I take good care with it. just had some minor repairs, normal for a car that old. So how many more miles I can put on it, if I take care of it??
3
3

Malfunction indicator-Accent 2001
Hi Group, This malfunction light just came on today. Car has 18.000 miles on it. Should I worry about this? I live 80 miles from the closest dealer. Thanks, Nermin
2
2

Rear hub covered? '02 Santa Fe
It seems like the rear hub on my Santa Fe needs to be replaced. It's not the brakes. They're new. The car has 40K miles on it. It's never been off-road. I'll try to get it to the dealer tomorrow. I'm...
4
4

tirerack.com?
Has anyone used this site for rims and tires? I want to get a new set of tires and rims for summer driving? It seems like their prices are reasonable.
2
2

2000 Accent: won't start, can't read OBD code
Hi all, My wife's 2000 Accent (27000 miles, manual trans.) started running rough and giving her an intermittent check engine light. She brought it home and parked it. I didn't get a chance to look at...
2
2

99 accent tie rod
Well went to canadian tire other day for a oil change and i was told my left outer tie rod end is Very worn. odd, because the stearing still tight and i dont hear that tell tale rattle rattle like my...
2
2

To Hyundaitech - oil question
I have adressed this question on many adresses, but never got a really good answer. My car is Elantra 1.6 liter, model 2003, with hydraulic valve lifters. I would like to use fully sinthetic oil, but...
2
2

03 Santa Fe, hard start, weak acceleration. Later works perfectly.
I have a 2003 Santa Fe, 6cyl, 2.7 automatic w/AWD. It has about 26,000 miles and has had all the regular maintenace done and has never given me any problems. Today around noon, going out to run an...
3
3

Sunroof manual operation -- 2000 Sonata
I've been reading the owner's manual, and I've got two questions about emergency operation of the sunroof. I just bought the car, so I don't know it very well yet. I'm not clear about how to remove...
2
2