2nd generation amigo soft top 98

Hi, I have a 98 amigo soft top and the top is really showing its age.I dont have a owners manual for this vehicle and was wondering what is the proper way to put top down.I put mine down but the zippers are so hard to refasten i dont take the windows out just unzip them part way and do some tucking in.The windows are brital would a new top fold all the way back without removing the windows or do they have to be removed.Found replacements on Ebay between 300.00 and 350.00 anyone use one of these afermarket tops before?Thanks in advance

Reply to
Fred

I bought a replacement top for around $300 from e-bay for my '98 Amigo. It was easy to install after letting it sit in the sun for a few hours. It didn't come with instructions, or information about the manufacturer, but I think it was a Bestop because the instructions I down loaded from Bestop's web site worked perfectly. It has slighly larger side windows than the original and is easier to remove the side and rear windows (which you should do before lowering the top to prolong the life of those parts).

Reply to
Ed H.

The side windows should be removed when folding. Otherwise they will be stretched severely. The zippers on mine are tight but I've gotten used to taking them on and off without trouble.

I also remove the back window. The top will fold with it in place but it will cause it to get scratched up. I have a bag the windows all fit into flat with soft layers between them so they don't scratch. The bag lays flat in the rear of the Amigo.

Reply to
miles

Hi, between the rear back plastic window in the soft top and the tail gate is there a support bar that goes in between the two to help suport the bottom of the rear plastic window and to keep weather out? Looks like mine is missingsomthing there.Thanks

Reply to
Fred

Reply to
Ed H.