Lowering the top without window removal?

Is it possible to lower the soft top without removing any of the windows and without doing any serious damage to the frame?

I have a 97 Wrangler with a pretty beat up soft top. It has tears, cracks, the windows are beat up, scratched, the zippers are so bad it takes an hour to get the windows on. I don't care about scratches, etc.... I just want to avoid removing any windows but still put the top down. New Jeep owner here :-)

THANKS

Reply to
nsaccomanno

I've never tried to lower the top without removing the side windows,,, you can roll the rear window up (no need for complete removal).

I would recommend that you bite the bullet and get a new top (I will be in the next week *tax return*!). It has gotten past the point of me patching things up with upholstery thread and needle - everything is busting loose (zippers, snaps seams).

Welcome to the club - don't forget to wave and remember: J - just E - empty E - every P - pocket

paul

Reply to
paul

I own a CJ7 and it's windows are all attached. I flip the back window up over the top or I roll it. I then flip the side windows up over the top, then fold the top back and the whole works folds up really nice behind the back seat.

Mike

Mike Romain

As Mike suggested, you might try umzipping the side windows just to the top and flipping them up but on a TJ that might be harder to do than a CJ. I find the hardest window to re-install is the rear one so I just roll that one up.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

No.

Reply to