1988 XJ-S Roof Lining

Hi All - my roof lining has started to sag (I understand a common problem due to the foam drying out and crumbling causing the lining to drop away) - Can anyone reccomend a good place to get a new one or is this a dealer job?

Also how easy is it to fit this myself or again is a dealer the best bet.......

Many thanks.

1988 XJ-S 3.6 Sport, UK.
Reply to
v56k

Various places sell replacement boards which cost less than the outrageous price which Jaguar charge for the low quality, genuine article. Do an Internet search.

It's quite easy to man-handle the board out of the car but a challenge to prevent complete disintegration. Some Jag owners have written up guides on how the boards can be refurbished.

Regards George

Reply to
George Bray