1999 XJ8 service schedule

Can anyone please tell me which jobs should be completed on each 10k service? How can I tell if my chain/tensioners have been replaced? I have fully stamped service book but no individual receipts. Thanks

Reply to
wayne22

If it was main dealer serviced they should have a full record, and have replaced items as per service schedules

Reply to
old man

As for the tensioners, pull the valve covers off and do a visual. First generation tensioners will be white, second generation are red and have a spring on the slipper shaft. Third generation will be an all metal alloy.

Reply to
Paul M. Cook