exporting to Australia

Does anyone have any experience of exporting a car to Australia ?

DM

Reply to
DM

Exporting is not a problem, the amount of duty may be.

Reply to
MrGrumpy

Got experience of exporting convicts to Australia.

Stu

Reply to
stuart adair

Among other problems... :-)

Graham L

Reply to
Graham L

Exporting is easy, its on the import side you run into a lot of stuff- used to be a 100% duty on most vehicles in addition to all the governmental regulations etc.

Reply to
EdFielder

I thought there was a deposit required by Customs that you could retrieve after a number of years, as long as you still had the car.

Graham L

Reply to
Graham L

Yes I have some: imported my own car into Australia as personal effects for which there are special eligibility rules. Despite this the proceedure was full of red tape & you can be sure the authorities will never provide you with simple definitive guidance. If you are patient it all resolves eventually but for other cases the problems would be worse. Suggest you contact Aussie Customs in the first instance.

Peter O

Reply to
peterlonz

The import rules are set by the Department of Transport and Regional Services.

the details for importing a one-off are on there also check the customs site.

cheers

Reply to
Bill & Peter