Mid 60's XKE

The owner of a shop I worked for had a fellow shop owner buy him an XKE from the LA area. Got sold a bill of goods "piece of shit" ...Car ran but it had at one time been in a foot of water, needed new bonnet swivels, much rot and rust and so much else.....If only he had seen it first

If that wasn't enough, It had been at one time been in some kind of wreck as both the trunk and front end have shrunk a bit so the doors almost close right

He's spent a fortune for new parts from a place in S.L.O in Southern Calif and looks a lot better Will never be a 100 point car, that's for sure....BUT he can't find a new Dist Cap and coil for it anywhere

Any suggestions?

Reply to
ken

WayneC

New distributot=r caps and coils are carried by pracitcally everybody including NAPA.

A Lucas sport coil is about $20.00 from Welsh. You also might check Exotic Car Parts in Upland, CA.

Rust is a problem on older E-Typpes and all of the sheet metal parts are available at rather reasonable prices, but the installation is another matter.

I have a couple of flooded cars turned into 100 pointers.

if you have questions, email me.

Richard H. Kuschel "I canna change the law of physics."-----Scotty

Reply to
Richard Kuschel