2001 WJ Diagnostic Code Meaning

P1756 Governor Press Not Equal to Target at 15-20 PSI

this is my read out when I did the code thing with the ignition switch and odometer display...anyone know what it means ??.........thanks for any help

Reply to
Phil Darnell

I had this symptom with rough shift from 3rd to 4th ('01 WJ). Governor valve was acting up, gearbox was opened. Pressure valve was changed, as well as gear box oil filter and oils. Shifting has been working since smoothly. Came up quite early, at 16K miles. Got P1757 as well, varying with 1756 at start.

Marko

Reply to
marko