2004 Quadra-Trac

I noticed at

, they mention that "2004 Jeep Grand Cherokees with Quadra-Trac I® systems are not allowed". Why is this? I don't have one, I'm just curious.

Reply to
MidnightDad

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Thanks. Care to elaborate?

Reply to
MidnightDad

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Thanks again. Perhaps I was unclear in my request. What I meant to ask was, why is this model banned from the Jamboree?

Reply to
MidnightDad

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Nope, the georotor coupling is not the issue. The 2004 "Quadra Trac I" (aka NV147) lacks low range gearing.

Steve

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Steve

I went to a few Jamborees when I owed a Wrangler. We have seen many Cherokees get stuck where a sedan should not.

Reply to
Dan J.S.

Probably because they didn't know how to drive the Cherokees. I have watched US National Park Rangers here in San Diego county drive their Cherokees up and down rocky trails in Anza Borrego that scared civilian Wrangler owners too much to even try them.

Jerry

Dan J.S. wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford