99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Cold Starting Problems

I have a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 6cyl. Each time I try to start the jeep when the engine is cold it takes at least 10 seconds before the engine starts; however, after it starts, I can cut the engine and restart it and it starts immediately. Any suggestions?

Reply to
jnm007a

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Your test worked. After I turned the ignition without cranking a few times and started to crank it, the jeep turned on within 2 seconds.

Reply to
jnm007a

Reply to
philthy