Gears and Speedo

Anyone know of a link (or formula) to calculate the speedo gear needed ... I have swapped in a Ford 8.8 with 4.56 gears into a 99TJ (was 3.73) and running 33 inch BFG's (35's later).

Thanks

BillM

Reply to
Morrissey

Scott

Reply to
reconair

Check the chart at this link:

Reply to
Jerry McG

Here's another link with a caclulator and formulas:

Jerry McG

I used this chart. Just put the new gear in, my speedometer is now within 1 MPH.

JimG

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Thanks All -- got it -- 39 tooth!

Reply to
Morrissey

Morrissey did pass the time by typing:

Do you know how long it took to find this. :)

Don't ask why. rilly. don't.

Reply to
DougW

Bil,l your time is off 12 hours....