problem with 94 grand cherokee

was wondering if anyone knew what 4 wheel drive switch was and if so how to service it? thanks in advance for any help you might have

Reply to
marvin martian

marvin martian proclaimed:

There are multiple 4 wheel drive arrangements on the 94 Grand. What engine [ 6 or v8] do you have, and does your 4 wheel drive lever have 4Hi N and 4Lo or does it also have 2Hi?

And what is wrong with it that you would want to service it?

Doesn't shift? Makes funny noise?

Reply to
Lon

first off it is a 4.0 i6. full time 4 wheel drive. my computer is driving me nuts beeping "service 4 wheel drive switch" and when it does the tires that are normally lit up on the screen go off it doesnt seem to disengage front tires but it is succesfully driving me crazy. thanks again in advance for any help you might have

Reply to
marvin martian

marvin martian did pass the time by typing:

Could be a loose/dirty connection on the VIC or on the switch (located on the transfer case) (4 pin connection)

Never worked on one but the 4wd switch may be located in the transfer case. This link may help

DougW

thanks well see what we come up with. appreciate the help

Reply to
marvin martian