Best Rated threads in Jeep and Willys (new and old)show all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Jeep GC 2005 obdII 'pending' error code
My 2005 GC has occasionally, when going over a particular speed bump, briefly would light the abs light. It has done this every since we bought it. Took it to the dealership while still in warranty,...
3
3

2004 Grand Cherokee Power Window Problem
Hi All, I seem to have a problem with my rear passenger power window that's really puzzling. I first noticed it when it would only go down, but not up, from the rear door switch, and wouldn't move at...
10
10

Cold transmission wont shift out of 1st
95 XJ Sport, 4.0, Auto. When cold, the transmission stays in first gear way longer than normal, upwards of 4000 rpm. If I blip the throttle, it will shift, but after the next stop it will stay in...
7
7

1980 Jeep CJ-5 / Electrical questions
I have a 1980 Jeep CJ-5. I recently learned that my cigarette lighter is not working. It is not getting voltage. In the same week, I found that my interior lights (underneath the dash) do not work. I...
17
17

79 CJ5 wheel size
Hello all, Is there a standard 79 CJ5 wheel size (or did they differ) ? Ron
7
7

96 XJ electric door locks.
I'd been warned that they'd eventually be trouble. My `96 Cherokee's electric door locks are getting to be trouble, they're getting weak. The big trouble, though, is that my front passenger door...
9
9

Fog lights won't shut off on 2001 Wrangler
My fog lights won't shut off even without the key in the ignition. I had to pull the relay under the hood to get them to shut off. I thought maybe the relay was stuck on, but a new relay doesn't solve...
3
3

oil overfilled??
Hello Group I always seem to have dificulty with Dealerships when it comes to oil changes. On the oil dip stick it clearly says "Do not overfill" Yet they (dealership) overfilled it by about 1/2 inch....
12
12

Scrambler Aerotank (first impression review)
Hi all, I've been having problems with my Mopar fuel injection setup, converted to a single supply line with the pressure regulator near the fuel tank. Specifically, in hot weather (West Texas hot),...
7
7

Drivers side Day time running light/high beam doesn't work.
Good day, My wife and I own a 2004 Liberty with a headlight problem. The drivers side Day time running light/high beam does not work. When I turn the head light switch to the low beam setting both...
8
8

Cleaning Door lock/latch mechanisms
I need to service my door latches and locks. What's the best solvent to remove the old grease, and the best stuff to re-lube the mechanisms? Also, is there an on-line reference to removing the door...
4
4

'88 Grand Wagon brake job
My '88 Grand Wagon which I've had since '90 has served me well but I've gotten to the attitude that I really don't want to spend any more money on it. I fixed a door lock and a power window on it...
24
24

Virtual on-line Rally to be Held by 4x4 Enthusiasts
From: on-line Rally to be Held by 4x4 Enthusiasts Off Highway Vehicle enthusiasts organize to hold first ever online rally over trail closures In a landmark event, thousands of Off Highway Vehicle...
1
1

Wanted: image of rear of AMC 360 showing freeze plugs (coolant leak)
Does anyone know of an online image showing the rear of the AMC 360 block showing the location of the freeze plugs? I have a project Grand Wagoneer that runs smoothly, but spews coolant from the rear...
8
8

Jeep GC vibrates when idle
Alright, No mechanic am I (but I'd like to learn)... I've got a 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 4.0L 6 cylinder engine, with about 128K miles on it. It drives just fine, but if I idle, in Drive,with my foot...
10
10

leaking coolant
I replaced the evaporator core on a 2001 XJ this past weekend. The heater hoses were old and they had to be cut off, so we did that and replaced them with new ones. Everything went smoothly, and we...
5
5

D30 Fluid leak
This spring I bought a D30 from a whow wrecked his YJ. The axle had new ball joints, brakes and steering and had been regeared to 4.10 20,000 mi prior to my getting it. It's been leaking what I think...
2
2

Climate control panel overheating
I've searched the group and can't find a thread for this particular problem. I have a 1991 Cherokee Lorado. Recently, the heater blower switch heated up and melted the plastic wire loom. The switch...
3
3

93 ZJ Brake lamps
Hi There, All the brake lights (stop lamps) are not working in my 93 ZJ today. The VIC did not report any issue. I checked the 15A fusable link at the position 2 of the inside fuse box. It is intact....
2
2

ECU/Alternator Problem
I have a 97' xj that has me baffled. I seem to be having intermittent computer problems that is primarily affecting my alternator. I first notice the problem when the alternator begins overcharging....
5
5