Best Rated threads in Jeep and Willys (new and old)show all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Goodyear MT/R's: wet pavement, and tread wear...
... are my two main concerns, after posting on the subject and reading a bunch of archived stuff. Do these things suck on wet pavement, say compared to BFG AT's (what I have on the TJ now)? It rains a...
2
2

Still unexplained Coolant loss
My 2001 Jeep Cherokee has a total of 29.5K miles with only 5 weeks to go on the warranty. I have taken the XJ back for a 2nd time(this year) now for coolant loss. There are no traces on the ground or...
12
12

Steering Bell Crank and parts 1967 CJ5 V6
Great afternoon all! I need to replace my steering bell crank. It's pretty much toast. It has a 7/8" shaft though I cannot seem to find any parts that are for the V6 version of my Jeep. Is the 4...
11
11

Hex Bit for NV3550 Drain/Fill Plugs
Hello, I am going to attempt to change the transmission oil in my 2001 TJ (4L) w/ the NV 3550 5 speed manual transmission. I have the Mopar recommended fluid, but do not have the proper size hex bit...
2
2

CJ7 Windshield - Lower Bracket bolts
I am removing the windshield and hinges. Working on the lower hinges has been a problem. I have heated the bolts and got them to turn. On the driver side I had to drill them out, and discovered that...
5
5

Doors off-Dome light on solution!
Hi, I found that Quadratec has a new product to help keep the dome light off after the doors are removed. go to http:\ search type in DOME LIGHT SWITCH DEPRESSORS-TJ PAIR 13029100 For $9.95 it will...
14
14

High Idle on '88 Cherokee
My '88 Cherokee has a problem with what feels like a stuck choke, except that its fuel injection. When I start it, the RPMs go to about 2000, then, instead of falling to something more reasable, they...
11
11

Grand Cherokee hood release handle
the other day I went to open the hood of my wifes '96 Grand Cherokee, and the plastic part of the handle came off in my hand, it broke near the end. Is there anywhere to get just the handle? Will I be...

Installing a Painless Wiring Kit for ' 83 CJ-7
From the multiple cracked wires under my hood, it is time to replace the wires for my '83 CJ-7, 258. I am no electrician but I can follow a map and in my younger days loved to install stereos,...
9
9

Recommended torque for oil drain plug (94 YJ)
Subject about sums it - what's the recommended torque for the oil drain plug (94 Wrangler) - 25 '# ?. Thanks. - TK
5
5

stutters and back fires when throttle floored ...wrangler 4.0 mpi
I have a jeep wrangler 4.0 mpi ...with a LPG gas conversion it is becoming difficult to start and when on petrol it stutters........fine if i get it started but as soon as the thottle is floored...
12
12

One rear wheel spinning on XJ
4WD newbie here, I just bought a 1989 Cherokee, 4.0l, 5 speed, Command-Trac, standard differential (not limited slip) and I'm wondering if I'm expecting too much, or is there something seriously wrong...
14
14

overheating 258 HELP!
My 4.2 in my '81 CJ-7 is running hot. According to my Temp gauge it is always running at the very end of the green band in the winter and last summer was on the H line. After driving it I can hear the...
16
16

TrakLok vs. Rubicon Limited Slip
I would be interested in understanding how much better the Rubicon's limited slip is over the standard TrakLok for say a TJ Sport. I haven't been able to find any kind of information though comparing...
7
7

Turbo City Adjustable Timing Sensor - Installation info wanted
I'm considering the Turbo City Adjustable Timing Sensor for my '97 TJ I'm interested in the installation details of this item. Is is just a bolt on replacement or is some sort of detailed adjustment...
1
1

Best Spark Plugs? Wires ? // AM Radio Interference Noise ?
There are two questions here. I have a 1980 CJ-5, with V-8 engine. I cannot say when the plugs were last changed (years), and I think that the plug wires are original. I plan to change the plugs and...
4
4

What type of glass for CJ2A windshield?
It seems like it has regular old plate glass in it right now. Is this okay, maybe because the size of each pane is so small that it has enough strength? I'm thinking I'll probably just throw a rock at...
15
15

Gas tank leak. Repairable?
After stuffing my face with way more food than I should have today I went out and installed a new sending unit on my CJ and I'm happy to report that my fuel gauge works at last. YAY! I went to the gas...
7
7

Rear Grinding Sound/High-Pitch Barely Audible Whine
Hi Again All, In addition to my 1996 V-* rear kick I mentioned in a concurrent post, I have grinding (more like groaning) noise that is speed sensitive, about 1 groan every 3 or 4 meters. Also, while...
10
10

From Quicklok to ARB (sigh)
After almost 1 year, the "drop-in" locker has treated me nicely offroad in almost every situation. The problem is though, the wife will no longer drive the Jeep on the street anymore. This locker just...
4
4