better roll cage?

I have a 1983 cj 7. Does anyone know of a kit to extend the rear coverage of the roll cage so as to better protectthe rear occupants and still fit under a hard top? What about a replacement roll cage?

Reply to
Juan

I'm not sure of your year but I took the shorter style(pre 92) and put on out of a 98 in my 91 YJ same reason, I wanted coverage for my kids.

Reply to
Tim Vice

Sorry its early. That did not make much sense. I took the longer style out of a late model (98) and put it in my shorter style body (91 yj) The cage fits just fine, I will need to mod the rear seat belt mounts for the lap belts to fit. Also the front shoulder belt mount had to be modified slightly. But that's only because I wanted the shoulder style belts.

Hope that reads a little easier.

Reply to
Tim Vice

heheh, I knew what you meant. I'm sure Juan did as well.

Reply to
jasonp

No offence but those newer roll bars with extensions are damn ugly. Couldn't they think of something better than that?

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri