Roll Bar/cage.

Any one had experience fitting a roll bar/cage into a Lark, 59 2 door sedan preferred, as I would like to do that with mine?

Is it possible not to damage the original floor or does it have to go through and mount to the chassis?

At this point I'm not thinking about something for all out racing but would like a few points to mount harnesses and give me some roll over protection.

Wiz.

Reply to
Wizard of Oz

IMHO it's not going to do much protecting if it aint hooked to the frame. Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

Hey Wiz -

I did it to my 60 Lark 2dr wagon a while back.

Lots-a work to do it right...but also very satisfying when you're done!

And yes...do do it properly, you need to go to the frame at ALL of your attachment points. It's not too big a deal to go thru the floor. You just figure out each location, cut out about a six or eight inch hole (round, square or otherwise), do this carefully because you "will" be putting it back in place. After the design and everything is FULLY welded in place... Use cardboard to locate where the bar will go thru the floor. Transfer that "hole" to the floor section to be returned to the floor. Cut out the hole for each bar...about 1/8" or 3/16" larger than the floor. Cut...the patch open (one side is all that's required), twist open the floor patch...put it around the bar...close up the twisted area and place it back into place on the floor. Weld it back in place. Be sure to seal it well on both sides with weld. Then primer and seal with your favorite undercoat or paint.

My Lark can be seen here -

on 60 Lark. Double click on a picture to enlarge. Have fun...

Any other questions...let me know.

Mike

Reply to
Mike