necessary diagram for california cj 7

Guys,

I'm back with another question. I acquired a 1983 cj 7 with a 4.2 liter CA Emissions. I am in the process of repairing the much butchered wiring. it looks like the harness got melted to the manifold from being over exposed to the heat. my diagram in my lame chiltons doesnt say what goes where amd has lots of color mistakes. Does anyone have a scanned copy of the correct factory diagram? I need to identify the 2 , 2 wire sensors on the outside of the intake manifold among others. Any help would be appreciated.

On another note, does anyone know wheres else on the cj's the vin number is located besides that crumby sticker under the drivers door sill?

Thanks in Advance

Juan

Reply to
Juan

breyfogle

The Haynes Manual's wiring diagram is right on for the 83. The Chilton's sucks.

Here is a site that ID's a lot of the crap:

Your wiper frame on the windshield has a VIN on it visible from the outside and the firewall by the brake booster has a vin tag on it.

Mike

Juan wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Or, more precisely, riveted to the top lip of the wiper motor mounting plate, positioned so it can be read from outside the windshield. Dunno if they continued the practice or not but my `79 CJ has a stamped VIN data plate riveted to the firewall, upper driver's side corner.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

thanks for the link MIKE, its much appreciated.

if ever u need any help with heavy duty alternatively fueled engines, let me know ;-)

Reply to
Juan