Roll cage for Porsche 928

hello Group,

Busy building (what do you have to do during those winter nights?) a Porsche

928 trackcar.

Chassis is nude, got at least 80 kg anti-rustprotection of it. The race series imposes a welded-in 6-points roll cage with diagonal and side protection.

It must also -and this is a killer :(- be FIA 2003 certified.

Does somebody know a company interested in and capable of such a task? Got a quote in Belgium but it seems as if the material for the cage is no kind of steel but solid gold.

I will transport the chassis to his workshop and collect it. On top it is a great excuses to come to the UK once again. ;-)

Cheers to everybody and best wishes for 2005!

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.telenet.be, Tom De Moor decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Safety Devices.

HTH

Reply to
Pete M

Nope, tried them. They don't make a rollcage for the 928. :-(

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

There's a company called Custom Cages in the UK that could probably make you one. Don't have any contact details though.

Reply to
Homer

That'll be

:)

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Thought I tried that one.

Reply to
Homer

There's

but they make something different :)

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Thx Homer and Abo, a mail is to Customcages. Keeping fingers crossed :)

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Try Martin Short ...

Mart>hello Group,

Reply to
Jay

Thanks Jay. I tried to contact Martin on several occasions last week but did not receive any reply on mail and fax.

I have obtained a fair price from Car Diff Motorsport, Herr Peipelmann in Solingen Germany. 1250 Eur for the 6 point FIA cage with lateral protection (installed, welded), I will bring the chassis to his workshop on 22/1/05.

Too bad: it will be Wurst und Sauerkraut instead of English breakfast for me.

Best regards and thanks for your advice.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor