BOTH front stabalizer bar links popped out! 2002 Sport TJ

Hi all -

Been a long time since I posted here... Today I'll be changing out the left and right side stabalizer (sway) bar links on my '02 TJ... Somehow, the ball and sockets came apart on *both* sides. The balls are still in tact depsite ripping out of their sockets. I showed it to a buddy of mine that knows vehicles and said he'd never seen something like that before. A little off roading shouldn't do this. It's a JEEP, right?? Eee gads... Any of you seen or heard of this?? I checked for any tech bulletins and the guy at the Jeep dealer in Poughkeepsie, NY said he'd never heard of that either. Anyway, I got the new MOPAR links for 45 each and will be installing today. Easy job... Let's hope these stay together! Thanks -

Dave T in NY

2002 TJ Sport Straight Six Dana 44 rear 3.73 BFG ATs Raingler Net Soft top only
Reply to
Rushfn1

Well I wish I'd read the message below from AKJEEPER... Seems he had a similar situation with his 99 TJ. Only one popped though. Glad to hear I'm not alone anyway. I like the idea of the quick discos... Hmm.

Reply to
Rushfn1

Why are you buying Mopar stock links for $90 when you can have excellent disconnects for just a few $ more? Even if you want Mopar links, there are tons of people here who have them on their garage shelves since they changed over to discos.

Reply to
TJim

"TJim" spake thusly in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

You can get the OEM type replacements (made by AC Delco) for ~$30 ea. from RockAuto.com

-Fred W

Reply to
FredW